4 cups peeled, seeded, and cubed watermelon
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup shochu, chilled; more to taste
lemon slices, cut thin for garnish
watermelon slices, cut thin for garnish
1. Purèe the watermelon in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Strain the purèe in a fine sieve. The watermelon should yield about 2 cups of watermelon juice.
3. In a large bowl or pitcher, mix watermelon juice, lemon juice, sugar, shochu, and 4 cups of water until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate mixture for at least 2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, add more shochu to taste (optional).
5. Serve over ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and/or wedge of watermelon.